ClubRoadster.net banner

Official Roll Bar Thread

542K views 2K replies 578 participants last post by  Bryan 
#1 ·
is there a roll bar thread in this forum? I've searched but did find one. please post your roll bar. thanksZ. does anyone have pictures of bsp roll bars?

#77 ·
Re: roll bar thread?

figured I might get a better answer here.....posted from the "which rollbar is best" thread

What's the difference between a HDHCDDHT roll bar & a boss frog clear view.....both look virtually the same to me :? :oops:

any comparisons of people who've had or driven different cars with both

if it matters This would be for both one for my NA & one for my NB

#78 ·

figured I might get a better answer here.....posted from the "which rollbar is best" thread

What's the difference between a HDHCDDHT roll bar & a boss frog clear view.....both look virtually the same to me :? :oops:

any comparisons of people who've had or driven different cars with both

if it matters This would be for both one for my NA & one for my NB
Why don't you call the manufacturers and get the specs on both bars.? Get all the measurements and you'll have your answer. Differences can (but may not) include:

1.) Tubing diameter
2.) Location of rear support legs
3.) Location of diagonals
4.) Height of main hoop
5.) Anchoring locations
6.) Anchoring methods
7.) Presence (or lack) of a harness bar - the BF Clear View doesn't have one

Those are the main ones.

#79 ·

That's interesting....the one I'm looking into has one.....maybe something custom/added on?

#80 ·

That's interesting....the one I'm looking into has one.....maybe something custom/added on?
It used to be that Ric would tout the virtues of wrapping the harnesses around the base of the main supports. He now offers a separate harness bar. Check out the BF website for more info.

#88 ·

I'll try to snap some pics of my BF Clearview tomorrow if it isn't raining. It does not seem to affect seat travel for the 89-00 seats, but it reduces fitment of the 01+ seats somewhat.

I chose to go with the Clearview because it seemed like it would create the least impact on my rearward visibility based on my personal seating position in the car, and because it guaranteed both glass window soft top and hard top compatibility. I gave the HD HCHTDD consideration as well though, and I think it's an excellent choice as well. I love the looks of the BF Double Hoop, but it seemed like it would be the most pain-in-the-ass to live with day in and day out.

I don't think that there is likely to be any *significant* difference in rigidity and strength between the BF and the HD, so you should be able to confidently go with whichever choice suits your preferences most.

If you don't need guaranteed hard top compatibility, the HD HCDD (non-hard top version) is probably one of the best options as it is one of the tallest of all bars known to fit under the soft top.

#91 ·
Boss Frog Clearview installed on '97 NA

My view through the rear view mirror:

To get the most comfortable combination of leg-room and recline for me with the 01+ style seat, the seat has to be slid forward a couple notches.

Roll bar from behind the car

The only reasonable full shot of the car showing the roll bar that I've taken since installing it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.