ClubRoadster.net - View Single Post - Oregonmon's white 1990...
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 09:08 AM   #43 (permalink)
oregonmon

Default Re: Oregonmon's white 1990

Car is all back together and a lot of messing around with toe adjustment, removing steering wheel and hub adapter to different splines and so forth. I was running into the situation where left and right full lock were not equal.
Then what looked like fairly straight wheels in the air ended up being toed way out when put back on the ground. Let's justsay the first slow drive down the street, the wheel was a bit twitchy left and right. (Great turn in )
Got it back up and adjusted the toe with the tie rods. Much closer and ready for alignment.
R package tie rods and rack spacers went on as well. You can see in the picture the tie rods are close to parallel with the ground at the current ride height.
Speaking of ride height, the car is sitting higher, especially in the rear. I guess the higher spring rates means less sag?
So I'll need to play with this before alignment.
Can't say much for driving impressions, cause uh I was in no shape to drive last night. My buddy Todd, who has autoxed my car and also the one who pinned the pinion gear, drove while I sat passenger. I think it's safe to say the steering is immediate and you have to pay attention on roads with crowns and undulations, but again the alignment is off now. First impression of steering effort is It's a little lighter, nothing like OMG, but i need to drive it today to get a better feel. I also have read that a lot of guys with depowered racks shoot for 3.5 caster numbers.
550/375 rates didn't feel harsh over the bumps might also be I have more travel with the extra ride height, maybe the m.netters are on to something.
2005 Porsche 997.1 garage mate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1391353601822.jpg (87.3 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg 1391353613384.jpg (76.9 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg 1391353628654.jpg (90.8 KB, 140 views)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
oregonmon is offline   Reply With Quote