Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tampa, FL USA
ClubRoadster.net Rules :: Updated 10/30/11 ::
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
New revisions to the rules are listed below.
-Warning & Ban Policy *UPDATED 1/31/10*
-New User Registration Policy *UPDATED 1/10/11*
-Supporting Member Perks *UPDATED 4/19/11*
-Username and Signature Specific Rules *UPDATED 10/30/11*
In an effort to improve the signal to noise ratio on our forums, ClubRoadster.net has implemented some simple rules and we ask that you abide by them when participating. With the increased number of registered members from all over the world we have reached a point where tremendous diversity, age, education, location and more are all factors to consider when participating in our forums. We want to promote a clean, healthy, respectful atmosphere where people are not afraid to ask questions, participate in this community, and have a good time discussing the things we love most - cars.
With that in mind, here are the rules:
Violation of these rules is grounds for an IMMEDIATE warning and possible banning of your account. If you think we're kidding, think again.
1. General Rules
- Respect both forum moderators and the administrator. It is a thankless job that we do, and cleaning up other people's messes is never fun.
- ClubRoadster.net has very specific content-geared forums. Members are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting to ensure they are posting in the correct forum. This rule is very forgiving, but users who repeatedly post in the wrong forum despite corrections from a staff member may be given a warning.
- You must have a valid e-mail account in your profile so you can be reached by a forum moderator or administrator. A valid email address is required for registration so that your password can be sent to you personally. This has been done to prevent and safeguard the ClubRoadster.net Forums from random attacks and people looking to cause problems and spam these forums. ClubRoadster.net does *NOT* sell or distribute your email address to any third parties. The option to have your email address visible in your posts on these forums is controlled and determined by settings in your profile which you control. If you feel uncomfortable submitting your email address, you can go to a number of free email services on the Internet to get a second email address for the purposes of registering on bulletin boards like this one.
- Members should use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic. Examples of bad titles include; "Help me!", "I?m stuck!" , "I've got a problem!", etc. Examples of good titles include; "'93 Miata - cooling issues", "Having trouble with my supercharger", etc.
- ClubRoadster.net is geared toward a general audience and therefore members are not to post obscene, vulgar, racist, graven, offensive, images of private body parts or illegal posts links or images on ClubRoadster.net. Posting of such content will be removed with or without notice and could lead to a warning or ban to the offending member if necessary.
- No bombing forums or threads with pointless posts. This includes, but is not limited to, posts containing only smilies, meaningless gibberish, etc.
- Do not impersonate other individuals or falsely represent yourself.
- ClubRoadster.net is not the place to post personal problems, questions about personal relationships, etc. These types of posts will be removed.
- Because of the volatile nature of the following topics: religion, sexual orientation, race, class, gender, and political opinion, members are advised against starting threads or entering posts expressing thoughts, beliefs or opinions on these topics. Any posts or threads on these matters may be removed at the discretion of the moderators or administrator.
- Members are not allowed to flame other members or groups of members. Flaming includes, but is not limited to: Ridiculing, insulting, inciting or perpetuating a conflict or argument, or demeaning another member or group of members. Such behaviour will not be tolerated and may lead to a warning and the offending posts removed or the topic locked. ANY personal attacks or name calling will get you a warning and possibly banned.
- Members are not allowed to bait other members. Baiting is an attempt to anger and provoke another member. Such behavior may lead to a warning and offending posts removed or topic locked.
- Members are not to harass or abuse other members in topics, private messages, signatures, avatars or profiles. This includes stalking other members, both online and in real life. Such behavior will lead to a warning or banning.
- Members are not to violate the privacy of other members by publicly posting identifiable personal information about them; e.g. full names, addresses, e-mail addresses or telephone numbers. This includes reposting the contents of private messages or e-mails without the prior permission of the sender. Exceptions may include notifying a staff member of a violation through private channels such as the board private message system.
- All rules apply to the private messaging system as well, abuse of the Private Messaging system will result in a Warning.
- Members are asked not to post using l33t speak, txt speak, abbreviated expletives, posting in ALL CAPS in posts, topics or blog posts. Repeatedly posting in these methods will result in a warning.
2. Spamming and Solicitation
- No spamming or commercial solicitation of any kind. Any such messages will be removed at the discretion of either a forum moderator or administrator.
- Selling of individual items is permissible by a private owner in our Classifieds forums only, however selling multiple items of the same product is considered a commercial post and will be removed.
- Commercial solicitation through the Instant Message function by non-sponsors is strictly forbidden and grounds to have your account terminated. For more information, please review the advertising rules posted at the top of the Classifieds forum.
- If you wish to become a Sponsor, please contact the Administrator.
3. Username and Signature Specific Rules *UPDATED*
- No ClubRoadster.net related usernames are permitted by non-staff members and will be deleted or changed with or without notice.
- Posting under a secondary username for the purpose of arguing, degrading, or belittling other members is grounds for losing both your primary account and your secondary account.
- If a username is found to be offensive, it will be immediately changed and the user PMed a request to choose another, more appropriate username.
- We do not allow business names as your screen name unless you are a Sponsor / authorized vendor.
- Members are asked to keep signature images relatively small so that the topics may load quickly. Signature images are limited to a combined size of 12kb and no larger than 468px wide and 60px high and may not link to commercial sites.
- Text sizes must not be larger than a font-size of 200%, 7 lines of text is allowed with a maximum of 600 characters.
- Links in signatures are limited to three (3) links and must be unique pages or sites (i.e. 3 links pointing to the same external page/site are not allowed), Linked sites may not be overtly commercial in nature. Subtle self-promotion is allowed in signatures.
- Signature content must adhere to normal board rules with respect to decency. Signatures may NOT contain any of the following: Obscene, Racist, Sexually Explicit, Graven / Graphic, Offensive, Illegal or anything deemed not family friendly. Offensive content will be removed and the member PMed or warned as necessary.
- Signature content may be removed and/or signature permissions revoked if a member dismisses requests by staff to change or remove content.
4. Avatar Specific Rules
- User defined avatars may contain mild animation. But must not be overly flashy.
- Avatars must NOT contain an image which attempts to portray the member as having an official status on ClubRoadster.net (such a mimicking ranks or copying avatars of staff).
- Avatars are subject to the same conditions as posts with respect to decency, and so forth. Avatars may NOT contain any of the following: Obscene, Racist, Sexually Explicit, Graven / Graphic, Offensive, Illegal or anything deemed not family friendly. Offensive Avatars will be removed and the member PMed or warned as necessary.
- Avatars may be removed and/or avatar permissions revoked if a member dismisses requests by staff to change or remove content.
- Moderators and administrators frequently review forum posts for those that are in violation of ClubRoadster.net rules. Any messages found to be in violation may be deleted without warning or explanation. Furthermore, we reserve the right to remove any post at our discretion, and also the right to ban any user, at any time, for any reason, as access to our forums are a privilege and not a right.
There are going to be topics and discussions that may turn into heated debates. Please think before you post and re-read what you type before you post it. Keep your comments limited to the debate at hand and not make this a personal issue between you and another reader. There is tremendous diversity in age, race, gender, language, location (worldwide) and more here, and there will be a lot of varying opinions on different subjects. We're all human beings and we we're all drawn to this site because we have a common bond as Mazda and other car enthusiasts.
Considering the real-time nature of this bulletin board, it is impossible for the ClubRoadster.net staff to review all messages or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that ClubRoadster.net does not actively monitor the contents of posted messages and are not responsible for any messages posted. ClubRoadster.net does not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and is not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of ClubRoadster.net or any entity associated with ClubRoadster.net. Any member who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged use the ?Report This Post to a Moderator? button. ClubRoadster.net has the ability to remove objectionable messages and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if determined that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
- While these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently, ClubRoadster.net reserves the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.
- All rules stated here apply to the entire site, including but not limited to trackers, tickets, blog posts and comments.
- ClubRoadster.net reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. It is the responsibility of each member to read and follow the rules. If a member is not sure about something, he/she is advised to refer to the rules before posting.
6. Warning & Ban Policy
The warning and banning procedures have been changed slightly. We will still be using the "Three Strikes" rule in regards to warnings, but have added in a new system that will tailor-fit a suitable consequence with each instance of a rule being broken.
This system is modeled after the above rules. If a rule is broken, an Infraction will be issued to the user. Each of these Infractions carries a different point value. Once a specific point value is reached, certain privileges may be revoked or a temporary ban be put in place. The points are set to expire after a certain time and will compound if multiple Infractions are issued. The higher the point value, the harsher the consequence. The consequences range from revoked posting privileges for a day, all the way up to a permanent banning.
A Staff Member issuing an Infraction may also issue it as a warning. Warnings hold no point value, but will remain on your infraction record. A warning will not be issued twice for the same breach of the rules, so keep that in mind. Just because it's been several months since you got that warning doesn't mean you get another one for a "slip of the tongue."
- If a member breaches a board rule, they will be issued an alert via the Infraction System. It is the discretion of the moderator and/or administrator whether said member receives a warning upon a first offense, based on the severity of the breach. This decision is not open for discussion and must not be brought into the public forums.
- Members who feel they unfairly received an Infraction or warning are encouraged to contact the Administrator.
- Arguing with Staff members in an uncivil manner after having received a warning or Infraction will lead to an immediate additional Infraction and possible suspension (temporary ban).
- Any attempt to circumvent a suspension (temporary ban) will lead to that ban being made permanent.
- Three warnings within 90 days will constitute an immediate suspension for a period of no less than 90 days.
7. New User Registration Guidelines
- All new users that have been approved during the registration process will NOT IMMEDIATELY have the ability to create new threads in the Classifieds area.
- This limitation will be removed once they have made a minimum of 30 valid* posts.
- Any attempt to circumvent this new restriction will be met with an immediate ban and a reset of your post count and registration timer.
- Multiple attempts will be met with a permaban.
8. Supporting Member Perks
As a way of saying thank you to all those who have graciously donated to the site in order to help keep it running 24/7, we are now granting Supporting Members a few extra perks over a basic membership.
What do you get with a donation to the site? Here's a quick breakdown:
Regular Member / Supporting Member
Colored user name
: no / yes
Custom user title
: no / yes
50 / 100
: yes / yes
Custom Avatar Size
: 140x140 @ 20kB / 150x150 @ 500kB
Animated profile pic and avatar
: no / yes
: no / yes
Signature image dimensions
: na / 600x150
Signature character length (with/without bbcode)
: 750/400 / 1000/500
User Photo Albums
: 50 pictures 1024x768 @ 500kB/ 100 pictures 1024x768 @ 500kB
Thank you for taking the time to read the rules. We hope you will find ClubRoadster.net an enjoyable place to visit and participate.
Thank you for being part of ClubRoadster.net!