ClubRoadster.net - View Single Post - Random Thoughts: Episode 6.0 (Return of the Bae?)
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 08:34 PM   #75 (permalink)
humming

Default Re: Random Thoughts: Episode 6.0 (Return of the Bae?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love pop-up lights View Post
Eff that noise. Being up at 6:30 makes me want to take up homicide as a hobby, don't know how you manage man.
I've always worked early. Ever since after high school every job has started at either 6am or 7am. The first of the production crew starts at 5am doing all the prep work, then the regulars roll in at 6. about 10% of the people have special tasks and get to choose their schedule as long as it's 8 hours. Thy mostly work 8-4. We also have an afternoon shift.

This job is supposed to be 7-4, but I've got a nightmare project, and one of our senior engineers is taking a 3 month sabbatical starting in 3 weeks and I'm covering all his stuff and mine while he's gone. His stuff wouldn't have been too bad, but the main customer for his projects just added a whole ton of crazy new requirements. It used to be the request for quote had a drawing or two and a spec to meet. Now there are 20-30 documents to review, ensure revisions are all up to date, ensure they don't conflict, and enforce in our production area, and with sub-vendors.

It sucks. The new requirements are just now kicking in. gah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarp
...I'm a man of wealth and taste. Well. not so much the former, and I'm working on the latter.