ClubRoadster.net - View Single Post - Random Thoughts: Episode 6.0 (Return of the Bae?)
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2016, 10:05 PM   #78 (permalink)
humming

Default Re: Random Thoughts: Episode 6.0 (Return of the Bae?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louros View Post
Being an engineer in a manufacturing environment is the worst

Source: my life for the past 7 years
I generally like my job, but this is my first part at this company that I'm taking all the way through from concept design for the customer to units delivered, and it's one of the most technically challenging parts we make in a number of ways. The old VP of engineering used to turn customers away who wanted this type of product. The new VP, not so much. So anyways it's a pain and nobody in production except one supervisor knows how to work with it, but he's insanely busy so it moves slow, and now the project is late. Once I get the hang of our business processes it will be a lot easier.

But yeah, deadlines and schedules when you have no authority over the people doing the work are lame. My bonus depends on a manager in another department assigning priority to my project. Lame. I've started just staying late to do more work on the parts when the supervisor leaves and after I'm supposed to be gone just so they keep making progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maarp
...I'm a man of wealth and taste. Well. not so much the former, and I'm working on the latter.