ClubRoadster.net - View Single Post - Random [automotive] Thoughts v1.0
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2016, 08:40 AM   #51 (permalink)
100percentjake

Default Re: Random [automotive] Thoughts v1.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Njjon View Post
While thst might be true about those other brands, having a legacy motor with a huge following makes the community much more helpful.

Plus at this point I'm extremely comfortable with the car, and don't really feel like learning the quirks of another.
I'm not trying to convince you to switch, just trying to understand the Volvo obsession. I guess it's like my Buick obsession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by humming View Post
None of what you described fits my grandpa's buick lesabre or any of the cars he's ever owned or any of my dad's American cars from the past or the Pontiac grand am I had.
You had a Grand Am? I'm sorry. I had a 2000 LeSabre Limited that was optioned up fairly nicely. Rode fabulously, super comfy seats, light steering, wallowey as hell until I put a better rear sway bar (from a Cadillac SeVille STS) on it and replaced the blown shocks, wasn't dangerously slow, and dead-nuts reliable. The Concert Sound II 6-speaker system still impresses the shit out of me. Beats the hell out of 90% of modern systems somehow.

Also. 3800 Series II. 'nuff said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
I paid $4500 for an at the time 6 year old car that was safe, comfy, and made 260 hp and had an msrp of $40,000. I couldn't even find a 6 year old civic, Camry, accord, or fit that was below $6,000 for a 6 year old car.
Now that same car has been through all sorts of things and has 190,000 miles. It is still my daily and super comfy.

Edit: Also, older red block volvos are indestructible.

Edit2: Also, this is how indestructible Njjon's car is albeit not a redblock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWWvjRt-A6s
I love that video. Such an awesome way for a car to go out.

I paid $650 for my 200k mile Riviera and drove it 2000 miles to Ohio and back during which I got 30mpg. The LeSabre has 230k miles on it and somehow still runs (though it's been beat to hell).

I need to put a supercharger on my Riv. The noise is too much fun.

Someone wanna rename this thread "Boring daily driver fap-fest"?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

100percentjake is offline   Reply With Quote