ClubRoadster.net banner

Random [automotive] Thoughts v1.0

14K views 206 replies 27 participants last post by  DarkSwordsman 
#1 ·
ITT: Anything car-related that you would have previously used the regular RT thread to talk about e.g. craigslist finds, project cars, future vehicle purchases, bitching/moaning about your own car, etc.

You're welcome, Steve.

#44 ·
Cheap, super comfy, can be made to handle moderately well. They have 5 cylinders and are a bit quirky. They have an extensive aftermarket.

#45 ·
I've just heard of them having all sorts of odd reliability problems, and some of the fanboys are utterly impossible. Personally if I was looking for cheap comfy transportation that could handle well I'd look at 90s Accords and Civics, though those are FWD. Or maybe a Buick Roadmaster estate wagon on coilovers? That would be... interesting.

#46 ·
Dirt cheap. I sit on a couch during my 126 mile round trip commute in a car that can get out of its own way and sit at an 80mph cruise control and it has never (knock on wood) left me stranded. The stock speakers are better than my stock 2014 subaru speakers. I don't give a **** hoe many times someone taps me while parallel parking. And if something significant breaks, I can find it on Craigslist for 5 bucks.

#48 ·
While thst might be true about those other brands, having a legacy motor with a huge following makes the community much more helpful.

Plus at this point I'm extremely comfortable with the car, and don't really feel like learning the quirks of another.

#67 ·
A Volvo v70r or s60r 2006+ are pretty neat. Awd, 6 speed, 300hp.

Personally I wanted simplicity so I opted for the non r version and got a T5. Still makes nice power. With nothing but a tune I would break the 300 hp mark.

#79 ·
Chevy needs to bring back the "Roadmaster" nameplate. Such an epic name for a vehicle. Road master. The master of the roads. **** yeah.

Also stuff that ends with "Ultra" like Park Avenue Ultra or Lacrosse Ultra. Fuckin' ULTRA. The best. THE BEST. IT'S THE ULTRA.

And Cadillac needs to quit being BMW and bring back Seville, Deville, Eldorado, and **** that has "brougham" in the name. Caddy nameplates should be three feet long and read like a Panic at the Disco song title. "El Dorado Sport Touring Coupe Brougham" hell the **** yeah.

'Murica

#85 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.