ClubRoadster.net banner

Never Buying from MMMiata again

5K views 28 replies 20 participants last post by  Maikeru 
#1 ·
Yes. This is a rant. Mods, delete if you like, but i figure I'd warn people before they buy from this place.

So 4 weeks ago, I purchased online a set of Beatrush latches for my NA8C. I received a confirmation email right away, and I figured I wanted to order from someone within my state so I could receive it right away.

I a few days later without any sort of notice, I email them asking what the status on the order was? Had it shipped? Problems in processing? They tell me they had yet to receive any notice from the distributor in Nevada.

Fast forward to two weeks after I place the order. No status update. I'm starting to get a tad annoyed, so I finally call them. They tell me that the latches were actually on backorder and would take an additional 2 weeks to get in. I'm pissed, and they ask if I want to cancel. Since they have been ordered and paid, I thought, might as well wait a bit more.

4 weeks since initial order: No notice whatsoever. So i call them for the last time, and they tell me, that its probably going to be another week until word from their Nevada distributor. I cancel the order. Who knows how much longer I am going to wait.

ADDITIONALLY, they tell me I have to wait 1 week for my refund to process. 1 week? If i go to a store and refund, it takes them a day at most because of the bank.

Am I wrong to be this pissed? Should I call back and demand a faster refund?

See less See more
#2 ·
If it's a supplier issue I feel for 'em. On the other side they should have been proactive and called you as tot he status of the order once they knew it was back ordered.

Eh..... Not good customer service, not terrible either, just kind of apathetic. I mean I'd be upset. Not pissed, just upset.

Carry on.

#3 ·
Why would we delete it? I don't see any need for that.

I've bought from MMM a few times in the past. Maybe 5 orders total? Always had great luck. Things have arrived on time and been shipped right away. Sounds like you possibly ordered just the wrong thing? Shame to hear.

#4 ·
Why would we delete it? I don't see any need for that.
Too much hate in forums maybe? I usually don't like to rant.

Update however. Refund will not take a week, but will be done NEXT WEEK, because they guy who does it isnt in.

While I too can understand if its a supplier issue, but making a customer wait in the dark for 4 weeks really isnt good customer service. They also never replied to 2 of my emails, forcing me to resort to calling them at work (which SUCKS because I have to hide at work!)

I think I'll only order in stock parts if i ever order from them again.

I guess I'll have to look around to see if anyone can actually get me some beatrush latches without a repeat of this incident again.

#11 ·
I totally agree. It took them 2 months to ship a truck lift. I live prob 2 hours away and they were supposedly having problems with FedEx losing the package. During that 2 months I had to contact them once through email and four times over the phone and always got the run around ( we will get back to you, we will ship it again, blah blah blah).

#10 ·
i was a customer service rep for a BMW aftermarket parts company.. and drop shipping does suck.. (hated being the middle man). Sucks even more having to deal with FREAKING BMW OWNERS.. I get calls of people of this type http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUKaPlBl8 ..

buy anyways....they do suck for not getting back at you (they should at least notify you next business day that it is on back order instead of you having to ask) That is a little irresponsible.. i mean how many orders could they possibly have a day you know?
I've been in both shoes of internet buying/selling retail... so I know what its like.. so now if i ever want to buy anything I call ahead and ask if they have it in stock instead of just ordering away.

#13 ·
monwren5 the same thing happened to me with mmmiata. i ordered an in dash cd holder..they were actually generous enough to call me (one month after i placed my order) to tell me it was on back order...by then i had forgotten id even bought anything from them lol. 2 more weeks later i called them and asked then whats up and they said the same thing they told you...its still on back order another week or so. i was like WTF! they too asked me if i wanted to cancel my order but i said no ive waited this long why not wait another week..2 weeks after that it came. 2 months total. im with you, i was pissed to. not a good company to buy little things from. IMO.

#18 ·
90% of ALL vendors operate like this. I have gotten to the point where i always ask up front what the deal is with a item before i think about placing the order. I love the idea of being loyal to our miata vendors but when they dont stock the items i am going to find someone else who has it in stock.

#22 ·
I had that happen to me recently as well. Upon inquiring about an order I had placed, the response made it seem as if I was annoying the vendor.

Another vendor on this forum has called me after I received every single order I have placed to make sure it showed up in good order and to offer assistance with the install. That is baller customer service and more places should have it.

#29 ·
I have never had any problems with GoMiata. I thing the last thing I ordered from them was a clutch and seals and misc. ****. I live just north of Chicago and got it within three days. I was actually surprised.

And btw, sometimes even if a business puts a refund though it may take your CC company or bank up to 5 days to refund it. I have to deal with that **** all day long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.