ClubRoadster.net banner

Bicycles!!! Who here is into bikes, show your shizzigityizzle

161K views 1K replies 437 participants last post by  99blkx 
#1 ·
Hey gang, I noticed a few bikes in the backrounds of some pics...

Ive been building bikes out of spare parts for ever, just seeing who else might be into it.
-----

heres my last fix/ss

Norco frame 10$
parts from a Raleigh road bike whos frame was too tall for me, 15$
misc new parts, tires/tubes/etc, ~45$

then wrecked it :p

Im building a bmx now. no pic yet but
GT fork/neck/headset
mongoose bar
some random frame I found, literally
havent decided on BB/crank/wheels yet, still shopping for closeouts, or deciding if what I found in the frame is salvageable, prob is.

and building a cruiser, going to make it a alley cat bike :)
its all huffy now but needs a new headset/bars and crank

See less See more
#4 ·
I want a fixie :( I want to build a frame from scratch too but i'd need to know how to weld (and own a welder) for that one :( :(

Anyway, I just own a black/black Haro Mirra 540 Air right now, and sorta have possession of an older (70s or 80s) red Nishiki, I'd covert to to a fixed gear but it's really my dads so I can't mess with it

#11 ·
I've got...
Look carbon fiber road bike (all Shimano components)
Cannondale road bike (all Shimano components)
K2 Triathlon/time trial bike
Look road bike (all Compagnalo components)
Old Proflex full suspension cross country mountain bike
New KHS Freeride frame built from the ground up with hand picked All-Mountain components

#13 ·
I sold a pretty cool Robinson last summer
Dad has some $5k Seven that's fun to ride around
THIS was my sweetest bike, rode it even when I'm double the weight limit (80 lbs ha). Kind of like a BMX Miata
Looking for an expert cruiser or something when I have a buck or two to spare

#14 ·
This is an awesome thread! I used to be into road bikes when I was a kid... Had a Bianche that was set up with tons of nice parts. My dad was really into it and had a basement full of parts, mostly Italian race goodies that he spent a lot of time and money on acquiring. I haven't got one right now, but I think it's going to be my next investment after I find a new job.

#19 ·
Oh damn! Cool thread!

I used to race BMX WAAAAAAY back in '82.

I had a Schwinn Predator and the whole checkered pad set and 3 piece crank, etc.

I remember how cool it was back in the day when all these cool bikes were coming out like HARO, GT, Mongoose, Diamond Back, Redline, Hutch, Kuwahara, etc.

Then I went and saw E.T. and the kids were riding all these cool bikes.

This was before freestyle was really mainstream, so the most "tricks" I ever did were bunny hops, endoes, and tabletops, et al. Hell, there wasn't such a thing as axle pegs yet!

Thanks for the flashback to my childhood.

Man, I need to go and dig out all my old issues of BMX Action!! LOL!

#222 ·
My dad bought me a Predator for my first bike in 1985 or 86 (I was 4 or 5) and I kept it till the late 90s when they sold it at a garage sale :(

That was the ONLY bike I owned that would not break. Stupid ass Specialized Hard Rock piece of **** broke 4 times before I got tired of fixing it :(

#23 ·
I just bought a Diamond Back OutLook and I love it, it is a great beginners bike. My problem is transporting it. I got the Bell trunk mount rack but it sits on the lip of my bumper right under the license plate and causes it to bow and also i have a problem of the front fork scraping the heck out of the front bumper. What kind of rack does everyone use. I would just cram it in the passenger seat but my girlfriend has a Reliegh (sp) that she rides so I need to be able to carry two bikes and two people. Any suggestions.

#26 ·
I just got my latest project in the mail this afternoon.

I got it on Ebay for $90 shipped. It's a Peugeot Carbolite 103. Now that I'm living in the city it will be great to get around on a bike again. I used to have like 13 different bikes and can't wait to get it together.

It has fenders and a rack. It also has a pair of lights, brake light and "Le Mans" yellow headlight, that run off a generator so the faster you pedal the more light is beamed out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.