ClubRoadster.net banner

Non-Roadster DD Build (Beware Ugly Nissan!)

11K views 80 replies 34 participants last post by  user name 
#1 · (Edited)
Non roadster DD gets PAINT!

Enjoy a non-roadster rebuild of sorts...:)

After a few years out of the Nissan scene, I've recently aquired another Pig... for FREE. Hopefully one day I can have this thing restored back to it's original state for DD purposes. Nothing fancy, just clean and comfortable. It's no Miata but it'll suffice for something to do in my spare time.

Back story is: a friend had pick it up at some point with a screwed title; several signatures/notaries/and no legal transfer of title. After doing a bit of work for said friend, I aquired the car for free. First things first were to get the title fixed and in my name. I went to the DMV got the required paper work to file an indemnity bond and put it all in a file for later use. After obtaining a bond, a theft inspector has to view the car and match VIN's, Etc; however, before the inspector comes to look at the car, it must be in "operational" condition, which means it has to run.
So here I am now, restoring this old piggy to its old glory from '89, so I can get the title finalized.

I am working on a very limited budget. Also, I just joined the Navy, so come February, if I haven't finished the car, this thread will die out for a while until training is through (and I'll be going through the most hellatious of training).

Plans: Well, I don't really have any set in stone. Im focused on getting the interior redone. Waiting on new carpet to arrive, cleaned all of the dust/rats nests out of the heater core and evap core boxes, seeking ac parts for a dohc car, and fixing the HUD unit. Also installing S14 interior that I just got. I've got tons of other pictures and more updates as of now, but have yet to upload them. I'll continue to post as the weeks progress. Engine bay prep and paint is also in the works so I can drop the soon to be rebuilt KA back in.

Pictures: I have a ton of work ahead of me...
Pick Up

A good wash on the trailer

Arriving to its new home in storage... somewhat clean

Interior tear down

Engine bay almost stripped, getting ready for prep... gotta remove all that undercoat crap for nice epoxy primer/base/clear jet black paint.

immediate things to do:
remove sound suppression **** on bottom of floor pan
reupholster door panels/glove box/headliner/and rear deck speaker cover
install HUD dash(no cracks)
prep engine bay for primer/paint
replace driver door harness
find misc interior pieces missing (door handles/switches)
install new ebrake lever
run stereo wiring before carpet install

See less See more
#5 ·
RB26DETT of course :cool:

#20 ·
I have a large amount of turbo stuff lying around my house from my KA-T....whole setup, actually. If you're interested in anything (Walbro fuel pump, SR injectors, spare KA fuel rail, turbo, FMIC (Greddy), piping, oil lines, etc) let me know.

And yes, S13 coupe FTW. I wish I wanted to keep mine....but I want a E36 sedan, bad.

#21 ·
Did a little more work, and picked up a few parts.
Almost done with the engine bay prep. I should be spraying a bit of self etching primer this weekend in preparation for the epoxy primer and base coats. A trip to the junk yard turned up a few good pieces also. J30 hubs, which I'll modify with s13 bearings, and q45 brakes.... I should have plenty tto get done this weekend. I'm hoping my new carpet will arrive tomorrow so I can get my interior back together. Picked up a set of 5 lug SE wheels from a buddy as well. So once I have the 5 lug hubs on I'll have wheels to throw on as well.
Enjoy.

Looks like a good home for these things!

Q45 front calipers and brakets... direct bolt on once the hubs are done

Stock front rotor next to the Q45 rotor

#25 ·
Got a little bit of work done this past weekend and today after work.
Brandon gave me a hand sunday getting the bay ready. There is still a little bit of work to do, but hopefully I can have some paint laid down next week sometime if things go accordingly. Still deciding on color, but I think I've narrowed it down to black or gold.

Also got the front 5 lug swap done. Used J30 front hubs with s13 bearings. Behind those wheels are the Q45 dual piston calipers and beefy rotors. :) Gonna do the whole differential swap/5 lug in the next few weeks as funds allow.

Today I got a package. Dun dun dun... new carpet! Stockinteriors.com supplied this. I started getting it in the car tonight. Fitmet so far is excellent. I still have to do the edges, but progress is continuing. I'll be finishing up tomorrow hopefully.

#26 ·
Didn't do to much today. I managed to get the front crossmember out of the car, fitted my s14 seats, and got a package in the mail. Also did a bit of feathering in the engine bay, getting some of the peeling paint left. Also got the steering column out, but unfortunatly I didn't snap any pics of that.

Thanks to 'unscene' for the misc interior bits I needed! Just need a bit of cleaning and they'll be good to go.

#29 ·
Thanks to Brandon I got alot done in the engine bay today. I can finally say all the hard work in stripping paint has begun to pay off....
Rust removal - CHECK
Sand down rough edges - CHECK
Tape up - CHECK
Spray etch primer - CHECK
Spray high build 2k Primer - CHECK
Stand back and look at all the hard work pay off - CHECK!
Enjoy...
Just say no to rust...

Finish prep/paint

Brandon mixing paint...

Etch Primer going on!

High build 2k primer on!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.