ClubRoadster.net banner

Merlot Memoir

8K views 33 replies 15 participants last post by  Electrokillz 
#1 · (Edited)
Welp, I decided to start a build thread to keep track of my progress with my 95m

It all began in August when I got laid off from work and was forced to sell My 2007 Civic Si to pay the bills.

That's when the search began for a fun and cheap car. I narrowed it down to a miata or a 240sx, which ever would pop up first for a good price.

In October while browsing craigslist I found her. She needed some TLC badly. Seller was asking for 2200, but I offered 1200 and he accepted. Thus began my journey with my new pride and joy.
Here she was when I first took her home completely stock.

The soft top was torn, the brakes were all gone, the fender was crashed, the interior was dirty as hell due to the torn top. It had a cracked tail light.. It was bad.

Anyway, I got started with bringing her back to life
>flushed all fluids
>changed spark plugs/wires
>replaced thermostat

>replaced broken tail light
>replaced crashed fender
>new soft top
>axis brake pads front and back

After all of the maintenance I realized how much I love the car and started working on looks and performance.

>Yokohama S. drives
>Tein S tech springs on KYB shocks
>adjusted timing to 14
>Rep GV front lip
>removed AC

And here is a video of my first Time Attack in the miata. That day I learned how much more I love RWD than FWD :lol:

This past week or two I've picked up a couple of other things.
I picked up a Nardi steering wheel from a 93 s-limited because I'm JDM as FACK :woolery:

A couple of days ago I picked up a Hard Dog Sport bar from a member on here. As crafty as his bar was decorated I didn't feel it suited my car well, so I went with a traditional look.

from unique

to bland.. during the installation

After an annoying 5-6 hours, I finally got the bar installed, Ill update tomorrow with Pictures of the finished product. :D

See less See more
1 10
#5 ·
#14 ·
Thanks etikoner! Get on that, so your neck wont break in a rollover!

Well guys, things are looking up. I got a new full time job!! Not sure what direction I want to take my build in yet, but I do know that I have a lot of fun coming soon!

Quick question.. Turbo on a 1.8 with 200k miles. bad idea? or are these engines strong enough to handle. I'm not thinking about major boost, maybe 6-9 psi. Or would a supercharger be better on an older engine?

#25 ·
Swapping in a motor isnt too hard actually, its just time consuming. Took about 1 hour 30 min to pull mine, Id say an hour or 2 to swap things over and 2-3 hours putting everything back. Just have EVERYTHING you need and someone who has done the job before.

#31 ·
I bought a racing beat tubular front swaybar.. Look at that difference!!

lol jk, that's the stock rear sway being compared :lol:

I also bought a used pair of racing beat endlinks that are in great condition, but when I was trying to remove the stock endlinks they didn't budge. So I just left the stock endlinks on with my new swaybar.

I'll probably put the endlinks up for sale later or tomorrow

Back on topic, HOLY HELL this is a lot stiffer than stock. There is barely any body roll when taking hard turns. It understeers a little more than I'd like so I'm going to put the stock rear bar back on to try that out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.